You can not beat a great hamburger. This is one of our favorite variations. First you start with freshly ground chuck. I only buy ground meat that has been ground in house the day I am buying and using it. I choose chuck for the fat content, about 15-20%. The fat adds flavor and keeps the burger juicy. Then be careful not to over handle. An overly tightly packed burger will be tough and dry. Remember any burger needs salt and pepper, generous amounts.
Goat Cheese and Chipotle Burger
1 3/4 pounds ground chuck
3 chipotles in adobo minced
4 ounces goat cheese
generous salt and pepper
4 hamburger buns
1. Gently mix all ingredients and form into 4 burgers.
2. Preheat broiler to high.
3. Toast buns in the broiler
4. Broil 5 minutes per side. (These can also be grilled)
5.. Serve on buns topped with guacamole on top.
1 avocado peeled cored and chopped
5 cherry tomatoes quartered
3 green onions chopped fine
1 Serrano minced
juice of 1/2 lime
1. In a small bowl mash avocado roughly ( I use a potato masher)
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Taste for salt.
3. Put a good dollop on each burger.