Rack of lamb is one of my favorite meats. It is a go to for special occasions. Not only is it luxurious and tasty it is easy! One rack has 8 bones and serves 2-3 depending on appetites. Based on where you shop, they will have either USA or New Zealand/ Australian lamb. The latter is smaller and in my opinion sweeter, but both are good. What I like about this recipe is the bit of sugar really brings out the sweetness of the lamb while the mustard and rosemary play with the gamey flavor.
Rack of Lamb with Mustard and Rosemary
2 Racks of lamb
3 Tablespoons grainy mustard
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Score the fat side of the lamb in a diamond pattern
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Spread the mixture all over the racks.
4. Roast in oven, fat side up, 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let rest 15 minutes.
6. Cut into chops and serve .