This is a quick and tasty salad that is a little different. Something new and tasty. The favas are shucked and peeled but that doesn’t take long. The peas may be raw fresh or thawed frozen.
Fava Bean Salad
2 cups shucked fava beans
1 cup peas
1 1/2 cups green beans cut into one inch lengths
Zest and juice of one lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
A couple sprigs of mint
1. Drop favas into boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and put in ice water till chilled. The peels will slide right off if you slit one end.
2. Boil the green beans 3 minutes and shock in ice water to chill.
3. Combine the favas, peas and beans in a bowl.
4. Whisk the lemon zest, juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the beans and toss. Top with feta cheese and chopped mint.