Dill and fish are a classic combination. I wanted halibut but by budget said cod. This pesto will work with any fish, salmon, tuna, mahi-mahi, you name it. I simply baked the cod an easy choice for any fish. 400 degrees for about 10 minutes for each inch of thickness. For the pesto I added a Serrano chili for a little kick and left out cheese as I am not usually fond of cheese and seafood.
Cod with Dill Pesto
1 cup dill
3/4 cup parsley
1 Serrano, seeded
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter ( optional)
4 6-8 ounce pieces of cod (or fish of your choice)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. With food processor running drop in shallot. Process until you no longer hear the bits rotating.
2. Add dill, parsley, Serrano and nuts. Process till fine.
3. With machine running drizzle in the oil. Add butter if using. Transfer to a small bowl.
4. Season fish with salt pepper and a shake of paprika.Bake fish for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
5. Spread some pesto on each plate and top with fish.
Cissie says,” My wine picks for the Cod with Dill Pesto are Chateau Lamothe Bordeaux Blanc , this is a delicious blend of primarily Sauvignon Blanc with a small amount of Semillon. I would also use a Pinot Grigio or a nice crisp Orvieto Classico.”