Classic potato salad has to have tart tangy mustard and rich creamy hard boiled eggs. The dressing is based on mayonnaise but I update it with yogurt. One of the secrets is marinating the cooked still warm potatoes in a little apple cider vinegar and lots of pepper. I hope you like this as much as I do!
Classic Potato Salad
4 large eggs
6 medium Yukon gold potatoes
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 medium onion chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup pain yogurt
1/4 cup grainy mustard
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
chopped dill and paprika for garnish
1. Hard boil eggs. Cover eggs with cold water in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit 15 minutes, drain and put into ice water. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Cover potatoes with well salted water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and partially cover for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Drain.
3. I n a large bowl roughly chop hot potatoes, add apple cider vinegar and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Cover and let come to room temperature.
4. To the potatoes add onions, celery and peeled, chopped hard boiled eggs.
5. In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and hot sauce. Stir dressing into potato mixture.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with dill and paprika.