Oh I love recipes that beg to be played with! When I was teaching a knitting class recently one of the students brought a Brussels sprout and kale salad. I took home the idea and started experimenting. The basic recipe is
Kale any kind ribs removed
1. Take these ingredients and chop, food process, cut with mandolin, in any way or shape and combine.
2. Make any kind of vinaigrette or salad dressing your little heart desires and combine with the salad.
3. Garnish and play!
Ways to play!
1. Top with poached eggs. Start with a simple combo and a mild vinaigrette.
2. To the basic salad add chopped apple, blue cheese and dried cranberries.
3. To a basic salad add orange sections, goats cheese and shallots.
4. Garbanzo beams and grape tomatoes.
5. Grape tomatoes, mixed olives and pepperoncini.
6. Fresh figs and goats cheese.
7. Make a dressing of fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and veggie oil. Stir in mango and green onions. Top with seared fresh tuna!
8. Make your favorite slaw or ranch dressing. Combine with basic salad. Great with fried fish or any chicken.
9. The ideas are endless …what can you come up with?